Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Fondest Christmas wishes II

Here we are at the end of yet another wonderful year and yet another wish-list post. So, that those out there who just stumbled onto my blog understand; I do this because my family brow beats me three or four times a week about twelve days before Thanksgiving until I have supplied them with an ample list of material desires that they feel they can chose from to make their Christmas stress that much easier to manage.

“Oh, that just isn’t what Christmas is about. (tsk-tsk)”, some of you glassy-eyed idealists may be thinking as you wrap the hastily put together Christmas ornaments that your untalented 5 year olds made in a half hour for no one in particular. Then you will present them to some poor bastard of a family member who spent hours standing in lines at the crowded malls to buy you the high ticket…whatever, and who will be thoroughly disappointed with your gift even though you won’t notice because you are stuffing your face with all the free food while complaining about how Christmas is just too commercial. Assholes.

Hmmm, that was a bit of a rant. Sorry, back on subject. Yes, I have found that making a virtual list that consists of helpful links, pictures and in a convenient place for all to see is the best solution. This way my family can just make a simple run through and see what I’m interested in this year. But, I digress.

So, without further ado…The list

  • A set of plans and armatures for the construction of a personally manufactured, rubber-band gun. Construction to begin soon after January 5th ’07. This one is essential, since the military wants a prototype ASAP with deals set for many European nations as well as local law enforcement branches and children across the U.S.
  • The CD/DVD album just put out by Gorillaz. Rockin’
  • Any of the collection of Dark Tower series on CD: Numbers 1, 2, 3, or 4 (I have the rest)
  • EFA-Linker II (1G) Flash Set. A must for any self respecting handheld gamer with a Gameboy Advance SP. With this little baby I can play all those great old NES games that are currently stuck on my computer and will be that much more entertained in places such as waiting rooms, elevators, funerals, and of course while talking to old friends on the phone.
  • Since it will be ski season here in snowy Nevada soon, any gift cards for REI will be gratefully accepted. Also, because gift card are easy to take back on an airplane.
  • A cool vintage cowboy shirt would look extra cool to all the kids at the skate park. Not to mention I could finally fit in at all the country western bars I go to.
  • Honestly, just walking through Best Buy is a great way to find the right thing.

So there you have it. Another awesomely awesome Christmas list. If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment or call.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will get you everything on your list if you'll get me a seguum.

cj said...

Well, it looks like you're taken care of....but are we just supposed to give Laura a lump of coal??? Girls just want to have fun..too!

Brillig said...

No they DON'T!!!